Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 3: Yellow - Sally Hansen - Lightening and Some Fiery Nail Art

Hi there! I hope everyone is doing well as the weather gets a little cooler. My boyfriend has gotten a little sick and now my throat is a bit scratchy - I hope it doesn't stay that way for long. I've got a cruise to go on!

Anywho - here is my day 3 post for the 31 Day Challenge - Yellow! I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening. This was two thick coats. Please excuse the super nasty spillage (I was a bit tipsy when I was painting my nails - hehe!).


I'm not really sure what it was about this polish, but I just couldn't stand looking at it on my nails and I just felt like it was a bad color for me, so I decided to add a bit of nail art. So what could I do with yellow? FIRE!


I sponged on Zoya - Sarah 1/3 the way up my nail and then sponged Zoya - Tiffany 2/3 the way up. Pretty! Then I outlined the flames and filled in the black areas with Kiss - Black striper polish. It was actually very hard to work with and ended up getting all goopy and bubbled because it was so thick that I couldn't spread it well. Sad.


And this is the final result!


Nice fiery nails that I wore for about four days before it started chipping! Woohoo!


And all the lovelies that helped make this possible: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening, Zoya - Sarah, Zoya - Tiffany, and Kiss - Black. This was the first time in a while that I got to do some nail art, and it was quite fun, but I think in retrospect I would have used tape for the flames instead of using the striper polish to prevent the thickness and bubbling. Live and learn!

I hope you enjoyed the nail art! Happy painting!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in my Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this one! I actually love the middle work, too, before you put on the black flames. Great job on sponging for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow is fab. I LOVE the flames you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you all liked it! For sponging my first time, it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!