Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 5: Blue - Glitter Gradient

Hello again, everyone! No, I did not fall off of the face of the earth, I've just been hectic busy with life and time traveling with The Doctor and everything. (Any other Doctor Who fans out there?) So I'm sorry for the hiatus, but things have settled down a little bit over here and I should be able to get some more posting in! Yay! I do hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a Happy New Year!

And now for the 31 Day Challenge mani. I have to say, I was on the fence about just quitting the challenge because I hadn't posted in so long, but I'm going to try to stick with it, no matter how long it takes me to get through the rest of these... 26 manis. Fun stuff.

Today's color is... BLUE! And boy, do I have a lovely glitter gradient for you ladies today!

Mani rundown:
1 coat Borghese - Brilliante basecoat
2 coats Claire's - Twinkle Twinkle
Milani - Cyberspace sponged 2/3 of the way up the nail
Revlon - Blue Mosaic sponged 1/2 of the way up the nail
2 coats of Poshe Topcoat


I love Claire's - Twinkle Twinkle. The space-themed name is great, and the color makes me think of the TARDIS!


Milani - Cyberspace. I really need to try this one on its own. Unfortunately, I believe Blue Mosaic covered up most of this one. Still pretty though!


Revlon - Blue Mosaic. Check out that glitter bomb! Large hex glitter in light blue and green, with a bunch of small round light blue glitter. Talk about a sparkler!


Unfortunately, I chipped a big chunk off of my middle finger last night as I was cleaning up at work. Bah! At least the fix might me easy, seeing as it's just sponging glitter on the tips!

Here's another little thing that I've been happy about recently... My roommate Andrew asked me if I'd like for him to bring his N64 to the apartment once he got back from break, and my one request was that he bring Pokemon Snap. Awwww yeahhh... So much fun and nostalgia wrapped up in one cartridge.


Also, with it being the New Year and January 1st having passed us, I thought I'd share a sweet little tidbit with you guys. New Year's Day 2012 was my one year anniversary with my boyfriend William! We had a great time living it up over in Florence with a bunch of friends. :D I hope everyone had as great of a New Year's Eve/New Year's Day as I did!


10 points to anyone who knows what Will's geeky shirt is referring to! Also, can you tell that I love glitter and pink/purple by my top? Sequins and glitter FTW!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, a Tardis-inspired glitter gradient?;) Love Dr. Who-- got into it over the summer and blew through all the "new" episodes. My husband even has a 10th Doctor suit and coat. I approve:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctor Who is one of my favorite shows. :) Will has a fez, bow tie, and sports coat from when he was the 11th Doctor for Halloween 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!