Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! (pic heavy)

I hope everyone is having a great St. Patty's Day! I myself already had a bit of fun last night with some friends over, so I'll see what tonight has in store for me later!

I have a beautiful green to show you today - Zoya's Ivanka from their Sparkle collection. My mom came over last week and brought her polishes, including Ivanka. I've wanted to try this one forever because it is so shimmery, but unfortunately it was dark and cold outside when we were doing it, and Icarus knocked my Poshe off of the balcony, but thankfully it survived! The polishing was cut a little short because I had to go save it. With that bit of stress, I only got around to putting on two coats of Ivanka, when it needed three. Oh well! Super lovely anyways! I'm also going to show pics of my mom's nails from that night as well. Read on!



Nail Polish Breakdown:
1 coat Orly Bonder rubberized basecoat
2 coats Zoya - Ivanka (could have used three)
1 coat Poshe Super-Fast Drying Topcoat


Ivanka is a lovely emerald green with gold glass flecks. These pictures were taken the day after I painted my nails, and you can see a bit of shrinking from the Poshe at the tips of my nails, and a little bit of visible nail line on my ring finger.

As a side note, I had been trying out vaseline to make my cleanup easier by painting it around the edges of my nails, but this mani only lasted about two or three days before it got some awful chipping in it, even with Orly Bonder and Poshe topcoat on. I think I'm going to retire that method and actually try to get better at painting without making a sloppy mess. Back to the lovely green goodness!



Look at all of that GOLD!!!


I like how this picture shows a bit of blue and purple at the curves of the bottle; it makes me think of peacocks! Looking at the bottle now, I see the blue, but I'm thinking the purple may have been a little reflection of what I was wearing when I took the pics - the world may never know!

I was planning on using mom's Ivanka, so she was looking through some of my stash, thinking about trying a purple, but then she spotted my Sinful Colors - Rich in Heart. My mom loves browns, which I find amusing because I used to hate browns for polishing (and I'm still on the fence about brown creams, but pics of Zoya's Dea are possibly winning me over). I have picked up three of my first browns in the past two months or so (all shimmers), and she got to have the first polish out of Rich in Heart. It is a lovely dark brown with red-toned shimmer.


Nail Polish Breakdown:
1 coat Orly Bonder rubberized basecoat
2 coats Sinful Colors - Rich in Heart
1 coat Poshe Super-Fast Drying Topcoat

Very pretty, yes? I was pondering the name Rich in Heart, and it made me think of rich chocolate for the brown, and heart for the red shimmer in it.

I had a really fun time having my mom over for a nail painting session. I ended up sending her home with Sinful Colors - Amethyst because I realized I did a double buy - woops, silly me!

I hope you all have a fun and safe St. Patrick's Day and are rocking out some awesome greens! I'll probably post my current green mani later today - I hope you enjoyed this one!

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!