Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Review


Hello again! Today I've got my review for the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips that I got from Influenster! I received the style Animal Instinct, a shimmery pink and black zebra print.


Product Information:
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
Don't get stuck with a sticker!

Nothing feels or wears like real nail polish. Now Sally makes it easy to get Salon Effects anytime, any place using real nail polish - with no dry time! Don't settle for plastic imitations that peel off. We're the real thing. Just peel, apply & file! Learn more at www.sallyhansen.com

  • No dry time
  • Lasts up to 10 days
  • Removes easily with nail polish remover
  • 40 must-have styles
Where to Buy
Available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally. 
Suggested Retail Price: $9.99



The shimmer shows up really well in the sun!


On to the review!
________________________________________

Upsides:


Application: Application was super easy - it took me about 40 minutes to complete at a slow pace. One of the things that I love is that it hardly has a nail polish smell to it - so I can actually apply these in the apartment without giving my boyfriend a headache! Woohoo! Another major upside for me - NO CLEANUP! I absolutely hate having to clean up my nails after painting them, and this completely does away with that problem for me.

Wear: I wanted to do a true test of these nail strips by themselves, so I didn't put any topcoat over them to see how they lasted. I've had them on for 8 days now (Sunday to Sunday), and they're still going strong. I am going to go ahead and give Sally Hansen a thumbs up on their claim that these can last for up to 10 days, if not over for me. (I have been just about dying to add some glitter to these though!) At this point I have one bigger chip on one nail and a couple of other minuscule chips and there is a little bit of shrinkage, but one of my regular manis would have chipped like crazy by now had I simply painted my nails.

Strip sizes: I didn't have a hard time finding strips that fit my nails considering the 16 strips that were in the box. I think I have a fairly traditional nail shape, so it fit pretty well with what Sally Hansen provided. I did have an instance of using a strip that was too thin, but I really can't tell that it's not thick enough unless I look at it closely. (Hint: It's my pinky - I bet you didn't even notice!) Another thing about the extra strips is that you can trim and use extras for accent nails on other manis - don't just throw them away! That, or you can do Laynie's thing and make the extras into nail decals!

Available Designs: These nail strips allow for you to put on awesome nail art without being an awesome nail artist or setting aside hours to do it. I really love that I can sit down and apply these and not deal with stripers or dotting and just do something simple if I don't have a lot of time.

Availability: I am primarily a drug store shopper, so I love that these are available basically everywhere that there's a Walgreens/CVS/Rite Aid.

________________________________________

Downsides:


Rough edges: The areas where the strips were close to my cuticles seemed to not adhere as well and were slightly lifted from my nail. It never started peeling off or anything, but it did catch my hair when I was showering. I think this could be fixed with an addition of topcoat, so I will try that next time I try these out.

***UPDATE*** Removal: Removing these was a little bit of a pain because the adhesive on them gets gunky and made my fingers sticky. I am one to try to reuse the same cotton pad for as many nails as possible while removing nail polish, so it pretty much just spread the glue gunk on all my fingers. I would suggest using separate cotton pads for each nail to keep gunkiness to a minimum. It took me longer to get these off than heavy glitter polish.

________________________________________


Overall, I am very pleased with these nail polish strips. At a price of $9.99 for a set, it makes it very affordable versus going out and getting a manicure done at a salon. I have a feeling I'll be buying them for occasions when I don't want to be stressed out figuring out what to do or if I have a time crunch and need awesome nails before an event.

Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing and review.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review :) This design looks so fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!