Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baconesque

Hello lacqueristas! I've got a quick post today of a mani I did a couple weeks ago. o.O


Bacon mints! Om nom nom! They really do taste like bacon!
Don't kill me Redditors - but who really wants their breath to smell like bacon all the time?
Blasphemy, I know.

Nail Polish Breakdown:
1 coat Orly Bonder rubberized basecoat
2 coats Revlon - Saucy
3 coats Nabi Magnetic - Cappucino (ring finger)
1 coat Poshe fast-drying topcoat

Unfortunately, something was wrong with either the Nabi magnet or the polish because it didn't do what it was supposed to AT ALL. Magnetic polish FAIL. I'm going to eventually try it again with my Sally Hansen magnet, because I've heard that the Nabi ones can be weaksauce. Nabi - Cappucino did have a very pretty color overall, a nice copper with a good bit of gold shimmer. It would have been fine with two coats, but I tried a third when the magnet didn't work on the second coat.


Revlon - Saucy was exactly like the name implies - very saucy! It is a wonderful red packed with shimmer. I couldn't stop staring at Saucy when I was in the sun; it just lights up!



Sparkly Cappucino!


And look at that sparkle in Saucy! Yum!

I hope you enjoyed these two lovely colors, even though the magnetic aspect of Cappucino didn't want to cooperate! Don't crisp up like a piece of bacon outside on this hot summer day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, bacon mints! My husband would probably eat the whole container in one sitting, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that's a pretty combination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The copper in Cappuccino really makes me think of the crispy parts of bacon when you cook it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes - I was soooo dying over that sparkle in Saucy!

      Delete
  4. I can see a hint of a design on the magnetic finger, so the magnet may not have been close enough, or like you said, strong enough. Good luck with it :) I've got a Layla magnetic and it worked beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what you're seeing at the top of my nail is actually a bit of a natural dent I have in that nail. Mine are all a little wonky like that.

      Delete
  5. I love the combination, even though the magnetic polish didn't work! And bacon flavored mints.... I think I need to try those! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi flower, your blog is really amazing! Fascinating posts! I just love it and I'm following! I hope you'll visit me and follow mine too.

    Kisses from Russia,
    www.annmartynova.ru

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!