Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me! Birthday Cake Mani

Sooooo, July 2nd was my birthday - I am now a 23 year old nail polish fanatic! I knew for a while that I wanted to do nails based on funfetti cake, because that became a little family tradition for my birthday and I always asked for it. So when my roommate Andrew offered to bake me a cake, of course I asked for funfetti!


Dots - I mean funfetti - GALORE!!! 

This mani was done on top of Sinful Colors - Social Ladder that I showed you here. Unfortunately my topcoat dragged some of the color. :/


Here's the cake Andrew made me! NOMS! The choices for icing were vanilla, chocolate, pink vanilla, and blue vanilla. BLUE FTW!!!


When I was showing these to William, Wonderbread popped into my head. It does kind of remind me of it! :D

Another thing I thought was funny was that as I was going through my Nail Blogs feed on my Google Reader, I saw a post from Fingers Polish Mania with nails that are pretty similar to mine! I already had this mani planned out before I saw her post, but I think it's crazy that we did pretty similar manis without even meaning to!


And this was all possible because William got me a nail art set for my birthday! Thanks Will! XD

I'm glad Social Ladder held up for six days and that I didn't try this mani before he surprised me with the set. It has 15 nail art brushes and 5 double-sided dotting tools. I can't wait to try the brushes out too!


The two missing tools are the dotting tools I used for this mani. But just think of all the possibilities!


Om nom bottle shots! For the dots I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Me Away!, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening and Borghese - Raspberry Sorbetto.

Thanks for looking! I have yet *another* addition to this mani to show you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Aw looks great! Happy belated birthday!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's too cool and happy birthday miss lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!