Thursday, July 19, 2012

Revlon Whimsical!!!

Okay, so I promised you all more additions to my last manicure, and here it is! If anyone caught the glimpse of Revlon - Whimsical in my recent post about displays at Rite Aid, you win! The prize is... this!

Whimsical is a milky blue base with blue and pink hexagonal glitter and small blue glitter. 



Look at all that swimming glitter!


When I got Whimsical, I thought it would be great to add to this mani and make it look even more fun! This is two coats of Whimsical and it could've used more, but I'm happy with it. :) It did tone down the color of the other polishes, but I wanted that to happen to tone down the mani for work.

I've also got to thank The Crumpet for doing "Recycled Nails" that inspired me to push this mani so far and keep adding to it. Let's see, at this point, if you include the dots and tips as one coat of polish, then this is a total of 11 coats of polish. Jeez! It was also super thick and difficult to take off, but it got me 9 days of wear.

Nail Polish Breakdown:
1 coat Orly Bonder rubberized basecoat
4 coats Sinful Colors - Social Ladder
1 coat Poshe fast-drying topcoat
dots in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Me Away!, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening and Borghese - Raspberry Sorbetto
tips in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Me Away! 
1 coat Poshe fast-drying topcoat
2 coats Revlon - Whimsical
1 coat Poshe fast-drying topcoat



Fun, fun, fun! I hope you enjoyed looking at Whimsical as much as I enjoyed wearing it!

4 comments:

  1. I really like how you've used Whimsical here! Cute manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you keep adding and adding and it still looks great! I could never pull off anyting like that.... And 11 coats and 9 days of wear... That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so original. i like the whimsical but not so sure I would be able to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!