Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sinful Colors Copyright Infringement of Nail Blogger Pictures

The newest polish display in Walgreens from Sinful Colors features a pamphlet with pictures stolen from the popular nail bloggers Swatchaholic and Swatch and Learn. I know that this theft will not be tolerated in the nail blogging community, and I am glad that I didn't pick up any of their polishes since this week's 99 cent sale at Walgreens. I hope that Sinful Colors will do the right thing and apologize and get rid of the pamphlets and displays.




If you would like to petition Sinful Colors to remove the displays and publicly apologize: 

SIGN THE PETITION HERE


UPDATE:


Revlon posted this on the Sinful Colors Facebook page:

******
Dear SinfulColors fans --- We are aware of the issue regarding SinfulColors imagery and are taking steps to resolve this unacceptable error. We deeply respect the rights of our blogger friends and are taking the following measures:

1. We have reached out to the bloggers, Jeanette and Mary, to apologize and quickly resolve the issue.
2. We are correcting any materials featuring the bloggers’ images as soon as possible.
3. We are putting additional measures in place to prevent this from happening again.

Please accept our heartfelt apology and know that we are doing everything we can to make things right.
******

I'm glad that Revlon has acknowledged the mistakes that Sinful Colors made, and I hope that they can fully make reparations for those mistakes. I hate to see things like this happen, but it looks like they are moving in the right direction.

2 comments:

  1. I was so shocked when I heard about this! :( I hope they apologize and get rid of the stuff they used without permission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they're doing the right thing now, but it never should have happened in the first place. To purposefully remove other people's watermarks?? Unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!