Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Penguin Makeup Challenge - Black and White

Hey lacqueristas! Today's post is something a little different from the regular nail polish posts I do. PENGUINS! I saw this challenge on Glitter Obsession called the Penguin Makeup Challenge that sounded fun.



What I discovered from the very first post is that I have really crappy lighting conditions for photographing makeup. That or I really need to play with my camera settings, but as far as I played tonight, I didn't really get anything better than this. The bathroom lighting just makes all of my pictures have a reddish hue to them and using flash washes everything out. Bah.

I altered the pictures below so they would at least look decent. (I don't alter my nail pictures aside from cropping them.)



Makeup used for this look:
Jordana - Perfect Team black and white shadows
Wet n Wild - Spoiled Brat black shadow
Markwins - unnamed cream shadow (came in a large makeup pack, only labeled Markwins on back)
Kiss Luxury Eye Liner - Classic Black
Kiss i-ENVY mascara - Very Black


I was inspired for this look by the Illamasqua SOPHIE-I technique that they have on their site.


This is definitely not something I would wear for going out all the time unless I got used to the really dramatic eye looks. Because I wear glasses, I generally just swipe a single color on my lids and use mascara and eye liner for any makeup I'm doing. But this was definitely fun to do - as you may know from some of my older posts, I took a theater makeup class while I was in college and really enjoyed it. This was a nice little throwback for me doing something really dramatic.

Also, my eyebrows look crazy. They're one of the things I wish that I could change most about my face. I'm just not that good at shaping them myself. :/

I hope you enjoyed this little experiment in makeup!

And here are the other ladies' makeup looks for today!






8 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like this! I keep meaning to give the Sophie look a serious run-through so I can try it myself, but I keep forgetting ._. Your take is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd been wanting to try it out for a while, and this was the perfect chance. Although I just glanced at it on my computer and then went to go put the makeup on without looking at it again. I wasn't going for a straight copy anyways, though.

      Delete
  2. Wow this is really gorgeous! I love the dramatic look about it :) And I know what you mean about eyebrows, I can never get them to look even :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I once heard someone say that your eyebrows are more like sisters than twins, which is definitely true for mine. They both grow their own way, and I can just try to keep them looking as similar as possible, but you can't change everything about them!

      Delete
  3. Love this look and the sharp crease. I have issues with my eyebrows too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!