Monday, August 6, 2012

Purple Monochromatic Nails (Very Picture Heavy)

Hello again, lacqueristas! Today I've got my entry for Polish Art Addiction's Monochrome Contest!

The point of the contest is to use different shades within one color family, so of course I chose purple! However, the sun didn't want to play nice today in good ol' SC and has given me really bad shots. And I used a Del Sol color-changing polish that changes in the sun (from red to purple), but the sun didn't want to come out to play! Therefore, I've got an entry that might end up getting disqualified because of the sun, that jerk!


BOOM! PURPLE! (mostly)

Nail Polish Breakdown:
1 coat Orly Bonder
2 coats Zoya - Dannii
1 coat Poshe fast-drying topcoat
Colors sponged on with saran wrap:
  • Sinful Colors - Fig
  • Jesse's Girl - Blue Moon
  • Milani - Hi-Res
  • Del Sol - Heartbreaker (which may get me disqualified - BLARG!)
Border: Julep - Viola
2 coats Poshe fast-drying topcoat

So we'll see how it turns out. :) Regardless of whether or not it gets disqualified, I still had a fun time trying out saran wrap *and* border nails for the first time! Yay experiments!

MOAR PICTURES!



**I hope to update this post tomorrow with pics in the sun, if it comes out.**

***SAME DAY UPDATE - WOOHOO!***
Good news, everyone! The sun came out (while it was raining), and gave me a nice double rainbow and some awesome sun for the pictures, although it still didn't change the Del Sol very much. Ah, well. Here are the pics in the sun!


Much better in the sun! 


Looks a bit like galaxy nails, eh? Or my background!


The rainbow is above my index finger, to the right of my middle finger! It was so big and beautiful while I was driving around, but I didn't get a good picture of it once I got home. Still awesome though!


It was still sprinkling when I took these. See the rainwater on my ring finger?

7 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster award. The rules are here... http://glamfiend.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love the glitter in the purple

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I would be really distracted by them.

    Btw I tagged you with a versatile award, details are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I really want to nominate you for a Liebster Blog Award, even seeing you just got one. Your blog is really super, I'm glad others agree and I think you should get it.

    I posted about it on my blog and linked to you, so you can read about it and nominate bloggers of your own if you want, good luck with figuring out how two nominations work though, I have no idea.

    http://elaprimapolish.blogspot.ca/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO gorgeous! I can't believe it was done with saran wrap. I've never seen anyone make this effect before. (I mean, I've seen saran wrap nails, but not *like this*.) Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! If you'd like to share your blog, please leave it on one of my "New to Me Nail Blogs" posts. Thanks!